In case you missed it, we announced Sensu Summit 2019! This year’s event will be held September 9-10, 2019 at Revolution Hall, a historic landmark in southeast Portland. Not only will you learn about Sensu Go and Bonsai, the Sensu asset index, you’ll be able to connect with fellow Sensu users and bring back helpful tools and techniques to improve monitoring at your organization.
To help you get there, we’ve crafted this handy “Dear Boss” letter template to share with your manager. Customize as you see fit, and best of luck! (Bonus: if you submit a talk and it’s selected, your ticket is on us! If that doesn’t convince your boss, we don’t know what will 😉)
The historic Revolution Hall. Source.
Subject: Here’s why I should attend Sensu Summit 2019
Hi [Your Boss],
I’m planning my continuing education for the year, and I’d like to request that I attend Sensu Summit 2019, September 9-10 in Portland, Oregon.
As our multi-cloud architecture becomes increasingly complex, it’s extra critical that we have a solution to effectively monitor our systems. And while Sensu’s toolset is easily accessible, the real value in working with Sensu is the expanding user base: a large community that’s actively contributing and making Sensu better every day. By getting together with this expert group — attending two days of educational sessions and keynotes from industry leaders — I am certain to bring back actionable techniques that will improve monitoring and observability at our company.
Here are the details + benefits:
- Meeting with ~225 peers who are dealing with the same ops and monitoring challenges we are. I’ll learn how they tackle their biggest problems and bring back actionable solutions.
- Contributing to Sensu code. I’ll write plugins alongside Sensu contributors, and be better equipped to solve problems.
- Access to the engineers building Sensu. I’ll meet Sensu engineers and senior leadership, including the founding members, and get a peek at their product roadmap.
- Best practices and practical applications. I’ll attend technical talks and have the chance to put those ideas into action.
- Further learning on how to get the most value out of the tools we’re using with Sensu. Companies like Red Hat, Chef, Puppet, InfluxDB, Grafana, and PagerDuty are part of Sensu’s partner network, and will be at the event taking part in the talks and workshops.
Cost for attending Sensu Summit:
- Tickets are $300 if I register early, and increase to $400, then $500 as the event gets closer.
- Airfare is [$price].
- I’d stay at the Jupiter Next Hotel, a quick 10-minute walk to the conference, which is $180.00 per night (including taxes) at Sensu’s conference rate.
- Some meals are included with my conference ticket.
This year’s event is expected to double in attendance, so we shouldn’t wait too long to decide! With so much to learn, plus hands-on training and experience, Sensu Summit is a worthy investment for our company. You can learn more about the event by visiting the conference website.
Thanks in advance for thinking it over — I’m looking forward to your thoughts.